domingo, 15 de fevereiro de 2009

smile... it confuses people!



Many people have asked me why I don't smile... I usually say that I'm too tired to smile... or that I'm sort of concentrating on some thoughts... or I just laugh a little and don't even answer... But the reality of it all is that I don't really have anything to smile about. My life is misery... I walk the streets and watch people living, loving, smilling, being happy and I envy them. I want the same but I just can't grasp or hold on to happiness, to anything... not even to you.

You walked in beauty in the night and held my hand for a while... then you let go and I fell. I'll get up somehow... when I find the strenght and the will... The beauty I saw in you withered away and all that is left of you is ash... the wind will soon come and take you and you'll be one more memory burnt into my flesh... a scar that will never heal... and never fade.

How will I ever mend? You broke into this heart of mine and it fell apart... it's in pieces. Pieces that I'll never put back together... a shattered heart now slowly beats in my chest, trying to recover from everything you (and the world) and I have done to it. I am to blame... I let myself get caught in your perfect web of lies and slowly turn the key and let you in. I let you brake down the door and see me. Now... well, now... there's nothing left. You stole all of the treasure locked inside the room you broke into to. Now this room is empty and cold and grey...

And now I decided to start smiling more... maybe if I smile good things will come my way... If I smile, this curse will be lifted... If I smile... it confuses people.

Sem comentários: