quarta-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2009

The Dracula Effect


It is my opinion that Bram Stoker's Dracula is the greatest love story of all times. Romeo + Juliet was okay but they weren't able to transcend and defeat Death. Dracula defied God and Death would not take him - all for the love of one woman. How I admire him. There's no such feeling in the world nowadays and yet I hunger for it. In the end, he didn't want to subject Mina to an imortal existence, undead, feared, forsaken, damned... But she loved him so and wanted to be with him always and so she gave herself willingly...
I long for such purity of heart and burning desire... It is what they call love. I crave it. It's what I call "the dracula effect". Will I ever experience it? Is it at hand? Where is my prince Vlad who has crossed oceans of time to find me? I know... I know... it sounds stupid to all of you (and sometimes to me as well) but I can't quit this dream because if I do something in me will die and I will become only a shadow like many others that roam this earth. I want to be a beacon of light and hope. So I'll wait for my dracula effect... for perfection!

1 comentário:

GothiK disse...

Dracul, a man before becoming the beast, the son that begged for a shall bit of mercy to god, yet..denied and forgotten. The beast that while vicious and cruel, still longs for a redemption of love and belonging.

Your princes, your Vlad, count of vampirus gognatus, exists..as in the form of a man, in its most infinite existence..for you alone.

I also belive, in you, and in that existence.

I bow to thy fair lady for you, are dean heaven upon dark and blissed waters.

^-^