segunda-feira, 1 de abril de 2013

My Favorite Regret



Years have passed and I roam free
I am who I always wanted to be
and every minute that passes by
I can't realize I'm living a lie.
As time passas I believe I am happy
but I walk down the street and I see
you've cut your long black hair
but have the same intense stare
You're walking and smiling with her now
and in the back of my mind I wonder how
we drifted apart through the years
letting go of courage and grasping fears
knowing not what we should say or do
but I was never looking for you
I was looking for love in strange places
longing to find it in familiar faces
But I never was able to find it here
and love never did find me either
I wish I could stay here alone with you
but you're not that true love feeling new
You're the past and now you're with her
and everything I ever felt for you before
is nothing but distant and faded memory
and as you both walk away I feel free
I feel as if I've just become someone else
with you I never felt like I was myself
But still your lips on my trembling skin
and your hands on my body make my head spin
Remembering what once was and shall never be
keeps a warm fire lit inside of me
And I know it we were never meant to be
that is the one thing that is clear to me
I know my life isn't over just yet
but you are my favorite and sweetest regret.

Sem comentários: