quinta-feira, 25 de abril de 2013

Last Drinks



Give me a cocktail of whiskey and morphine
alprazolam, prozac and lots of nicotine
to help me get through another awful day
clear my mind of anything awkward to say

roll up that joint quickly and pass it around
I'm eager to puff it as I look at the ground
pretending I'm cool, artistic and smart
but inside I'm actually falling apart

thinking it might be our last night together
drenched in booze dreaming of forever
I close my eyes and pop another happy pill
I can't be perfect or bend life to my will

I can't hold you in my arms ever again
I don't want to think of other men
the piano keeps playing in the background
but I can't process any kind of sound

my heart stopped when you said you were leaving
I feel like a widow locked inside and grieving
your eyes filled with tears as many as your lies
you want to feel better by drowning me in sighs

give me another drink so I can forget myself
give me another so I can pretend I'm someone else
I'll look away as you drag yourself out that door
I'll look away and pretend I was never your whore

this is my last shot of booze, here's to you!
just this last one to help me push through
another one of those pills to help me dream
another puff of nicotine to muffle my scream.

Sem comentários: