quarta-feira, 8 de agosto de 2012

Layers



You can peel back many layers
but never really know who I am
you can all slap me in turns
go ahead, I don't give a damn!

Because all of you put together
will never be as I am free
and I will live on forever
in the heart of he who knows me

know that when my heart stops
he will hear it from a distance
and his lonely sad teardrops
will give meaning to my existence

None of you shall ever know
what is under all my layers
you're all too deaf and slow
to listen to my prayers.

Everyday you took a piece away
a piece of my soul, a layer
and I let myself fall astray
becoming the master naysayer

I fought I battle I couldn't win
and I still can't understand
how they all got under my skin
as I was shunned and banned.

He was the only one with words
plucked from a small golden case
He got through to my wounded soul
Looked into my eyes and say grace

I dropped all the thick layers
no one else could pierce before
I still don't have any answers
and I am always hoping for more.

That is why I am unaffected
by your pettines and your lies
because I am deeply connected
to one who lives in my sighs.

Sem comentários: