segunda-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2009

Viva La Vida!


"Viva La Vida" - Frida Kahlo's final painting 1954

I analyze the random pieces of my life and find so many "what ifs?" I dare not ask myself. I keep wondering if I would have been the person that I am had my life taken me in another direction. After careful considerations I com to the conclusion that all I hold dear would have been a blur or something unatainable. The purity of thought I strive to achieve would have been lost along the way. The beauty of knowledge would have been a bore to the alternative version of myself. People say that everything happens for a reason... Is it so? Or is life just a series of random events that you can't just explain (no matter how hard you try to make sense of it)? I've given up on this futile attempt to make sense of everything that happens. Today, a friend of mine told me that "there is no hell... life is hell. And after life, there's more life... more hell!" I must say I sort of agree, but I also believe that there are certain times, certain brakes, in which we can find heaven. I find heaven in many things: in life itself (which i still find beautiful), in waking up, in his (or her) eyes, in a perfect dawn (or perfect sunset), in words, etc. Life is hell... but it's also heaven. Life is harmony. Life is balance. Life is... beautiful (for those who dare live it).

VIVA LA VIDA!

Sem comentários: