segunda-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2009

Montauk Point


MONTAUK, N.Y. — The Montauk Point Lighthouse was commissioned by President George Washington and completed in 1796 and may be the most recognized landmark on Long Island.
I was born in Southampton (also) on Long Island and I used to visit Montauk Point often. I can surelly tell you that it's one of my favorite places in the world. The lighthouse oozes mistery and you can't help but wonder about who has stepped there before you and through the ages. The smell of the sea is breath-taking and you have to stop and close your eyes and absorve all of its glory: smells and sounds. When you finally open your eyes again the beauty around you brings a sense of peace. All of this I felt... and I also felt like I belonged. All the doubts and fears that live deep within me and manifest a bit each day just slowly dissolved and disapeared. It was bliss... The closest I've ever been to heaven.
I hope to revisit Montauk Point one day so that I can experience all the sensations I described once more before I die.

Sem comentários: