quarta-feira, 27 de março de 2013

Regret


I fear I shall never see him again
his mumbled words brought me back
from a place where I only refrained
and sheltered myself from any attack

His kind eyes saw me and did not wander
time stood still for us that moment
but I stopped to slowly ponder
if this unusual man the fates had sent

was actually looking and talking to me
after years of loneliness he comes along
but my simple life is at it's best misery
his presence, his words were sweet song

I wanted so badly to ask his name
but I could not muster the courage
I have no one else but myself to blame
being trapped in this wandering cage

I wanted to scream out for him to stay
but all I said was "see you later"
I smiled thinking I'd see him another day
but a week passed and my longing is greater

I just want to look into his eyes once more
I'll never feel this way again about anyone
and I definitely never felt this way before.
I'll remember those minutes now forever gone.

Sem comentários: