sexta-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2012

Too Late



And I looked up at the sky
with my eyes wide open
I could see it fly up high
whispering words barely spoken
It's black eye followed me
at that moment I couldn't see
What it was trying to let me know
the big black wise crow
had a message from the universe
there is no way to reverse
and go back to relive the past
once your fortune has been cast.
There is only tomorrow
so let go of old sorrow
and choose life and the living
for life isn't waiting it's just giving.
Time sometimes stands still for love
but not for me, still he's all I think of.
I am back to life but hardly living
I am in the midst of the unforgiving
they keep hanging the past over my head
I'll only be free of them when I'm dead.
I wake with him haunting my thoughts
and I lay with these feelings caught
in a random prison I have built
with bars of fear and bars of guilt
that keep me bound in my place
always wishing to see his face.
And as I lay each night to go to sleep
inside me a broken heart silently weeps
wishing that the neverending tomorrows
cease thus ending all my sorrows
and my regret would be set free
and nothing would remain not even me.
Only words unspoken left behind
that I pray one day he will find.
My fate has been foretold
by the black and wise crow.
Unrequited love lost in time
beyond reason, fate or rhyme.
A heart broken and turned to stone
youthful hope transformed into crone.
Life and happiness before my eyes
bringing more pain to my cries.
A body broken and bound standing still
slowly losing faith and all of it's will.
A mind travelling and moving through time
and a forgotten mountain I can't climb.
I am steadily being pulled towards fate
because anything else now is too late.

Sem comentários: