quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2012

Pieces



I am dying on the inside
buried by what I want to hide
I'm not ready for the closeup
because I am all messed up
can you show me how to be
someone else that isn't me
I got lost inside myself
I want to be someone else
Can you take away the pain
i got caught up in the rain
that keeps falling down on me
can you please just set me free
won't someone shine a light
to cut through the endless night
Can you please help me to see
the person that I should be
Save me from myself
let me be someone else
I never wanted to be
the person that I bury
Under layers of guilt
and the prison I built
is slowly crumbling down
as I have another meltdown.
And people are paper dolls
shielded from the rainfalls
I cut them with the pieces
of my broken heart that cringes
every time I close my eyes
I can hear a thousand sighs
echoing through time
like a wind blows a chime.
I can't feel I am empty
and I don't know who to be
I can't be someone else
but I can't be myself...
Can you hear me?
Can you see me?
seal my fate with a kiss
so my life ends in bliss.
Can you taste me?
Can you feel me?
close your eyes and breathe
you are now free...
I thought I'd live forever
But there's only never
and there's only this
and everything that I missed.
I thought there'd be laughter
I thought there'd be an after
I thought my heart could mend
I never thought it would end...
I thought I was immortal
but life ends after all
and nothing's left behind
even love that you can't find.
I never knew who to be
and you could never see
that you were everything
and now there's nothing
not one simple thought
only pieces of a broken heart...

Sem comentários: