quinta-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2012

Paper Doll



I'm a paper doll waiting to live
watching as life passes me by
Wondering what I have to give
Living this paper-cut lie...

your name popped up on the wire
and I awoke to unspoken desire
I fall and get down on my knees
to be free of this chronic disease

but it's way too late
you're stuck on me like glue
and it's hard to wait
while my world is askew

I'm living in a slow swirl
I've been waiting forever
living in a different world
I've been waiting for never

But I'm still stuck here
in the paper house I built
keeps blowing away by fear
while I'm drowning in guilt

My whole life has been a mistake
it's always been a big disaster
I never allowed myself to awake
I never could find an answer

I'm a master of losing you
I'm great at messing up
I never could see what's true
I never really could catch up

And now I'm misplaced
I don't know what to do
I feel so disgraced
still in love with you

I'm a paper doll blowing in the wind
I close my eyes and hope for the best
everything I do comes on a whim
I just want it stop so I can rest

Sem comentários: