quinta-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2012

In Dreams



All the pretty colors
floating in my head
like whispers of others
that live far ahead

drug induced numbness
doesn't hide the pain
of failed happiness
that I relive once again

and with damp eyes
I wake each day
envying other lives
and words I want to say

In dreams I get caught
emprisoned by silent screams
fighting ghosts I've fought
once before in other dreams

but dreams become nightmares
and everything seems useless
you work through all the dares
only to realize life became pointless

then you slowly awake
and with eyes wide open
you feel like a big fake
you feel like you're broken

You sit still for a while
even though you're aching
you wish you could smile
but inside you're breaking

And in dreams you fall
sucked in to another world
where you're never small
and you have a soul...

Maybe this one time
you'll fight the nightmare
your smile will shine
and he'll actually care...

Sem comentários: