segunda-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2012

The Key



I wish I was wet like water
so I could put out this fire
that burns my heart to a blister
to a point I almost expire.

I am not here. I don't exist anymore
I am just waisting air and space
caught in between by ghosts of before
that still wander around this place

they still live in my distorted mind
taunting, showing me what I can't have
and what I yearn and will never find
forever longing for my better half

I have waited for many long years
I have crossed oceans of time
and I've cut through all these tears
for someone that was never mine

I've been here waiting for tomorrow
but I know tomorrow never comes
at my broken door only knocks sorrow
and at his feet my heart succumbs

My thoughts are mine and mine alone
he wonders freely and lives in them
my love a mindless prison has become
and I am happily in there with him.

But these are mere delusions
nothing but dreams to make me smile
they are nothing but sweet illusions
to keep me happy just for a while

Truth and reality are harsh and cold
the real world always spits at me
and as time passes and I grow old
I have this yearning for him to see

The whole world through my eyes
and how much he means to me
no matter how fast time flies
he will always have the key...

Sem comentários: