sábado, 14 de janeiro de 2012

happiness can wait



So now that the cat's out of the bag
I find myself at a stand-still
I feel like an old used up rag
hoping for just one last thrill...

Today my heart seems small
I pretend that the hurt is gone
but you and I know it's not gone at all
everything I thought right is wrong

Because you don't see me
in the same light that I see you
and now I don't know how to be
I am waiting for your queue...

and happiness can wait
it's waited this long and this far
my love has no expiration date
no matter where you are...

I know that now I have to be strong
as I've done throughout the years
and it never mattered how long
I cried all of these lonely tears

Because now you know... now you know
that this heart only ever beats for you
and even if there is no tomorrow
now you know what I've gone through

I'm still living in another world
waiting for you to knock on the door
waiting for your soothing words
like you whispered to me before

But happiness can wait this time
because surely you don't feel the same
but you'll always be on my mind
softly whispering your name...

Sem comentários: