segunda-feira, 3 de outubro de 2011

Nervous Breakdown

I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown... I literally am so tense that my back feels like a dried up stick of wood about to break. My muscles are so tight that I can barely move. I go to sleep screaming inside my head and wake up with that same scream. What is happening to the world? None of the kids I teach want to learn... they've given up on their lives before they even started... It saddens me. I try to make them see but it's pointless. They've lost all hope so they don't even care about their education. So in a couple of years I think that our world will take a huge step back... maybe even go back in to the dark ages. All the high tech gadgets will become obsolete and unused machinery that we remember but never use anymore. I don't know if I should look forward to the step back or dread it. In a way a return to nature would be a release from all the stress we face every day... but on the other hand I don't know how the current generation will face such changes.
These kids have awful taste in music and movies. They don't read... ever! They mock each other and start their sex lives way too early. I worry about them. Sometimes late at night I think of my students and how I can reach them. I try to make myself easy to talk to and I give them advice but in the end all I can do is hope they make the right decisions and that rarely happens. I wish there was more I could do but I feel like my hands are tied and all I can do is be here when they need a helping hand os someone to listen to them and understand what they're going through. I mean... I was their age once I can relate to some of the stuff they go through. I guess just listening is a huge help but I do wish I could do more. I wish they would listen to me as I listen to them. Or maybe they do listen... sooner or later.

Sem comentários: