quinta-feira, 20 de outubro de 2011

My past caught up with me last night...

I was without internet connection since sunday. Yesterday they came and fixed it. I was excited to get my social life back. In my case, cyber social life... it's a long debate but many people think and defend that the cyber social life kills the real social life... I guess that maybe in some ways this is true. But that's another story. And so I started surfing the web again... reading news, looking up friends (old and new), listening to music (also old and new), looking up movie reviews, and other stuff... and a name that I haven't thought about in a long time popped up in my head... so as tha curious bug that I am I looked him up on facebook. A rush of emotions ran through me... but in the end one feeling stood out the most: pain. He hurt me. He broke my heart. It is safe to say that my heart hasn't been broken too many times because I never let myself get hurt. I never let myself fall in love. I always ran from love... but this one time I actually believed it was possible to be happy. I was so wrong... I opened up my heart and gave myself to a man that never was... and got my heart broken. It hurts still... because the man I thought him to be was never real. He was always an illusion I let myself believe in. And so that's what I miss... the man I thought him to be but never was. The man of my dreams. Does he exist? I don't know... and sometimes I think I'll never know. I guess maybe I had my happiness... or maybe I'm meant to roam the earth hoping and searching for someone or something that doesn't exist...

2 comentários:

Eddy disse...

Sometimes I look for my past feelings towards certain people, but I'm quite certain I will not find serrenity in the past, or anything else for that matter...my past, well..it's just past and with the exception of a few momemnts, I wouldent like to relive it. I'm sure peace can only be found in the future:D if it actually exists.
Love your poem btw...missed ur posts!

Edna disse...

I know one doesn't live in the past but memories from then are forever burnt in me and sometimes I get pulled back even when I don't want to. It's my own personal hell... reliving things that I just want to forget. But somehow I guess I end up drawing strength from it in the guise of poetry. Maybe one day I'll be able to forget and let go of all this hurt and mend all that's been broken. But I won't hold my breath... lol