sábado, 24 de março de 2012

Standing Still



I am standing still
in a sea of strange faces
they move so fast
they make me ill

I stumble and fall
on my bloody knees
and flooded eyes
I realize I lost it all

I wish you'd wait for me
but you dove and got lost
in the sea of strange faces
but at least now you're free

I go to sleep thinking of you
I can't be all that I can be
because you've taken all of me
and now I wake up feeling blue

everywhere I see your face
in every distorted crowd
you're standing perfectly still
and I run, I hungrily race

But your face fades away
and I'm left standing still
in a crowd moving fast and steady
while I slowly decay...

The shadow I cast is fading
I sit down and rewind time
inside my broken mind
trying to stop my heart from breaking.

but a past without you
is an empty memory
just passing through
so I still wake up feeling blue.

Sem comentários: