segunda-feira, 3 de setembro de 2012

There Is No Forever



I want the whole world to stop
I want time to lie down
and cry as we suddenly swap
places and I am no longer common

I clutch a cloud and ride the wind
I fly high whispering your name
but I can't seem to actually find
true love, a sparkling flame...

So I ground myself once more
sad and jealous of time
I'm no longer who I was before
so I drown myself in rhyme

I close my eyes and I remember
soft lips, a safe embrace
hope of a possible forever
arms to pull me back to grace

But morning came and took it all
and I laid naked on the floor
trying to forget the painful fall
like I did so many times before...

The sparkle in my eyes slowly dies
I slowly give in to time's will
the emptiness in me I can't disguise
and I know I can't ever fill

the hole in my heart you left
that will burn inside forever
this is a lesson I won't forget
there is no forever, only never!

Sem comentários: