sexta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2012

Disappointment


Ripe with certain hope
I walked confident each day
but I hit a slippery slope
and fell down all the way!

Always wait-listed
it strikes me as a shock
for I am not dim-witted
so why shouldn't I talk?

Always outside looking in
I see all that I am missing
I watch everyone else win...
they're like snakes hissing

poisoning me with their venom
flapping tongues bitter words
to them sound like an anthem
to me sound like plotting lizards...

I am seen as simple prey
what they do not know
Is that this is just my way
of dealing with my foe.

Ignoring idiots is what's best
no matter how much they hiss
they shall fall like all the rest
and all of them I do dismiss.

I think of dreams they shatter
and I don't know who to be...
I don't exist and I don't matter
but one day I shall be free...

2 comentários:

SANTIAGO disse...

Very cool poem!

Edna disse...

Thank you, Santiago! :)