quarta-feira, 15 de junho de 2011

The moon and I




The moon has betrayed me
It shows me what will never come
Maybe I just see what I want to see
The beating of a loud drum
Calling to me through the night
Whispering sweetness in my ear
But still keeping me from his light
I don’t know how far nor how near
He is taken from my sight
But yet I feel him, his breath
On my breast surrounded by light
That rejects the kiss of Death
I am his and his alone
Wherever he may or may not be
I am his empty golden throne
Waiting to be claimed or set free.
A single tear cuts through my face
The most painful tear of all
That keeps me stuck in this place
On my knees I do fall
And plead for Love to strike
To bring forth a strong soul
Both of us alike
To melt together in this world
Like the moon once promised
A love to echo through the ages
To stir passion in the soul most calmest
Immortalized on my simple pages…
The bell tolls for me
I can hear it in the wind
It’s wild and free
As I have always been.
In the end there is nothing
But the moon hanging high
And there is everything
Caught up in my sigh…

Sem comentários: