sábado, 29 de novembro de 2008

Who will stop the rain...?




It's raining... The rain brings memories from the past I believed I silenced... Today they scream out so that I might recognize and abide... so that I might drown in their relentless effort to be heard. I don't want to... This confortable numbness I wallow in its perfection... the beast in me asleep... I don't want to wake him. The wars once fought within are over. I have given in to resignation. But I fing myself longing to feel again... the confortable numbness I speak of has a price... absence of feelings. I must feed this lust for feeling one way or the other... love... or pleasure... or sorrow... or pain... A person must feel something! I want to feel alive again! I am still waiting for someone to breathe life into me one last time...



The rain brings memories... and washes them away the same as it brought them... But if this rain never ceases... will the memories subside as well? I want the rain to stop and take away all that it brought... If it does not stop... it'll drown me. I close my eyes and I see myself being covered in a pool formed by the rain... and I fall deeper and deeper... and I feel cold... freezing cold. And I reach up waiting to be pulled out by some heavenly hand... but that hand never comes to pull me out. And so I keep falling... deeper and deeper into someone else's oblivion.




I open my eyes and I am laying peacefully in bed... still waiting for the rain to stop. Who will stop the rain?

Sem comentários: