segunda-feira, 6 de maio de 2013

Layers



Layers and layers of lies peeled like an onion before my eyes...
a bridge runs over the river of tears I have cried every day
you built it to escape my endless embrace and empty sighs
You left and never said the words I always wanted you to say

But still I am here waiting for you and your bright light
as the words I could never mutter choke me up inside
don't you ever think that I am without witt or perfect sight
there is nothing left but the hollow chest you left behind

My tired eyes see only putrid death and vile destruction
my thoughtless mouth spews out nothing but awful obscenities
my broken distorted mind dreams only of ways of seduction
my trained ears can only tune in the odd forgotten rarities

I eat, drink, dream, shit, walk, talk, sleep, cry, smile
but all of these things are all as fake as you surely are
After years or what seemed like endless centuries of denial
I have finally realized, I know that I just want to go far...

Far from here, from everyone, from you, from everything I know
Nothing in the world will ever put out this fire that consumes me
the fire you lit without a second thoughtand now burns me up so slow
every hour is pain, every minute is torture, every second is agony...

Sem comentários: