sábado, 18 de maio de 2013

Funeral Pyre



I have hollowed my body out with a spoon
and now I am trapped deep within myself
I pray for Death to come and take me soon
so I can come back to life as someone else

I watch as you lick the spoon with avid hunger
you always wanted all of me, who I used to be
I thought that I could rise and grow stronger
but all I became is this vile mess that you see

I am an empty vessel burning up from the inside
a devastating fire that consumes my whole being
leaving me with no special place that I can hide
or keep the world and you from actually seeing

that I am nothing but an empty broken sea shell
consumed by thoughts, by dreams, by lust, by desire
all of which are products of a perfectly conceived hell
trapped within myself burning in my own funeral pyre.

And this hell I birthed that kept me going and fighting
is slowly losing it's power each day as I grow older
it is now a flickering flame useful only for lighting
it's beauty is in the eye of the unknown beholder.


Sem comentários: