terça-feira, 5 de julho de 2011

Will you be my rain?



I am a teacher. And right now school is out for the summer (where have I heard this before? eh eh eh) but us teachers still have to come in to work and prepare exames for students that failed, take care of a whole ton of burocracy, try to enroll new students, and other stuff you might find boring. I'm taking a small break from burocracy to write this post. I'm in the teacher's lounge with my headphones on listening to a nice piece of music from the True Blood soundtrack (does the title of this post ring a bell? check it out on youtube... you'll be hooked). And this nice little song as got me thinking about my life and I just realized that the room was in slow motion and I was just gone for a few minutes. I was listening to the song and thinking of who would ever want to be my rain? Is there anyone I'd want to be my rain? Right now I could use a little rain... the weather is so hot and sticky I just want to dive in the river that flows near my house and live underwater like a mermaid. I know... rivers don't have mermaids. I'd be the first and only one. But living under the cool fresh running water would be so perfect now. I could drown out everyone else's comments... I could escape everything that brings me down. But when I'm done thinking of freedom and release I go right back to thoughts of love... and lack of it. I am 33 years old... about to turn 34. I guess maybe I had my share of romantic happiness. The song brings peace and helps me realize this. But it also makes me come to the conclusion that I'm not sure of anything. The only things I know for sure is that the moon shines down on me through the night and the sun rises the next day and the water keeps flowing and the rain comes and washes away the hot sticky weather and life goes on... with or without me.

1 comentário:

Eddy disse...

Rain
I often find myself looking out the window saying to myself: If only I could just stop time for a while, just to see, to learn to understand.
Just then, it starts raining. I've always felt better, stronger, saw things clearer, when the sky turned grey.

Uncertainty
This world is made of uncertainty. The people that are certain of anything are either foolish or dreaming. We can have everything at one point and in a split of a second we can loose it all.

Madness
So..what type of madness do you see here?:P The right answer is: the madness of the world we live in. I am human therefore I am mad.
When we'll stop thinking we will be happy, complete, sane.

Love your posts, they are most inspiring.