sábado, 2 de fevereiro de 2013

Sleep for a Thousand Years



If I could sleep for a thousand years
I could finally dry up all the tears
that haunt me every minute, evey hour
I relinquish all of my useless power

and give in... I'm not afraid of death
I'm glad you turned your back and left
now my life is finally about to start
and I can stop playing this fake part

you wrote for me on crumpled pages
but I never did belong on any stages
so the curtain has finally come down
and I am no longer your clown

How does it feel to be cast aside
forgotten and stripped of all pride?
you're nothing but a footnote in my past
something never meant to be or last

I want to sleep for a thousand years
because now I got rid of my fears
I am now trully alone and I like it
I finally put out the fire you lit

I can close my eyes and breathe easy
even though I'm still feeling queasy
tomorrow, the thousand years will have passed
and I will be alive at last...

Sem comentários: