domingo, 10 de fevereiro de 2013

Banishment



You blow cigarrette smoke at my face
as we sit naked on the side of the bed
you touched me as if I were french lace
delicate like a book that's never been read.

the air is filled with unspoken words
but the sheets scream out our story
the words fly around like trapped birds
desperately and randomly trying to be free

They fall tired by my awkward silence
and surrounded by all these dead words
untold as a sign of our own defiance
but in the end we are nothing but cowards

pretending to forget what should be said
disregarding what each of us feel
and so we quickly jump out of this bed
naked and satisfaction seemingly unreal

This one night of perfect love and lust
delivered and born together hand in hand
should end with unspoken words and rush
for me to get dressed and forever banned.

I gather my things and cover my naked body
my mind a blank because my words are dead
and I can't even let myself be angry
because I did crawl and lay in your bed.

(imagined and written to the sound of the "Blue Valentine" soundtrack)

Sem comentários: