segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012

There Is No Forever



The moon cuts through the dark sky
and the stars are hiding tonight
Here is where I will now lie
wishing for a spark of light

to ignite this disconnected heart.
I fall asleep choking on the wires
waiting for my life to finally start
and give in to all my secret desires.

I turn the page of my life's book,
in every setence your name is written.
You've got me on a permanent hook
gone, crazy, numb, absolutely smitten...

Many times I exiled you from my mind
but second best is never enough,
everything I want is hard to find.
And I am not what I seem, I'm not tough

I shut down my feelings to push on
but being a robot is much worse
everything that I was taken, gone.
Nothing left but this verse...

Sometimes late at night I think of you
knowing we'll never again be together
and I start to feel sad and blue
because I know there is no forever.

Sem comentários: