segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012

Mother



Mother calls me a freak accident
makes me doubt myself and my place
growing up she was always absent
I could never remember her face

During adolescence I spun out
lost control of who I was
wondering what life's about
searching for a rebelious cause

I was deep in self-destruction
constantly dancing with death
I dove into all sorts of ruin
and I could feel it's breath

cold and haunting on my neck
seducing me with it's darkness
but somehow I was brought back
by a fluke filled with brightness.

A mistake that shines through
pulling me back to the living
and even though I am sometimes blue
his smile makes me keep smilling

Giving me hope that someday
mother will finally be proud
and have kind words to say
holding my hand in a crowd.

Sem comentários: