terça-feira, 2 de agosto de 2011

My heart stands still...



The past thirteen years of my life I lived in a small city by the sea. I was happy here. All my friends were here. No one messed with me or freaked me out. I had to move away for work and it's been a hellish two years. It's like I aged 10 years in a small amount of time. The magic inside of me slowly faded. The music I swayed to slowly muted. My dreams lost their color. Food lost it's taste. My heart stood still. I forgot bits and pieces about myself. I forgot how to smile. My skin is emotioneless. My eyes are sad and dry. They haven't anymore tears to shead. My body is tired and older. My mind isn't challenged. My breath is cold. My lips are chapped. I bottle up all my feelings and sit by the window staring outside wondering if it'll always be this way. Promises broken. Lovers swallowed by the quicksand that surrounds me. Words left unsaid. Unable to help the helpless. Unable to smite the wicked. My ears are soiled by evil that lives next door. I just want to sleep. I wish I could wake up and realize that the past two years were only one long nightmare. I want to smile again like I mean it. I want to laugh. I want to mend my broken heart and have it beating again. I want to love. I want to sing. I want blue skies and happy faces on my way back home.

Sem comentários: