sábado, 22 de dezembro de 2018

How could you?

This used to be my house.
This used to be our house
The walls, the floors, the halls
The shelves so tall,
They whisper secrets
And tell the truth 

Now I walk these halls
And stomp the floors
Scratching the walls
Cursing the shelves that were so tall
Remembering our secrets
How could you?

This is not my house!
This was my living hell!
The music box still ringing in my ear
It echoes sordid secrets that you feared
Now that you’re gone everything is all too clear
I freeze every time I think back to when you called me “dear”.

Your darkness weighed on me every night
I closed my eyes so you’d be outta sight
I silently cried and prayed with all my might
You crossed my threshold, snuffed out my light
How could you?

I’m not the same girl that I used to be
I can close the door on those bad memories
How could no one ever see
The music box and what it did to me?
I’m not the same girl I used to be
I closed the lid on your music box

Now you’re gone and finally the music stopped...

Sem comentários: