terça-feira, 20 de novembro de 2018

Gasping for air

And here I am all alone at the Saint Anthony’s emergency room gasping for air. I am all alone. No one to hold my hand or to tell me everything will be alright. No one to comfort me. I desperately want to cry but the tears don’t come. Only numbness and emptiness are my company. 

This elephant on my chest keeps me gasping for air. The emergency room is filled with people and I’m here too but it feels like the halls are hollowed out and filled with ghosts and remnants of people who passed through. Their voices echo in these halls, this emergency waiting room, in my head... My chest feels like it’s on fire and ready to explode. I’ll never see him again. I am a ghost myself in his world. I keep gasping for air... I hope this won’t take long.

Sem comentários: