sexta-feira, 13 de março de 2015

Being ill on Friday the 13th

Another lung infection hit me like a ton of bricks. I woke up at 3 am with a nasty sore throat. I could barely swallow. I was in pain... It felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I could barely breathe. A cough took over and I had to run to the bathroom where I threw up a couple of times. My throat was getting worse. It felt like I had a fiery cotton ball stuck in my throat. I felt like crap. I washed my face with ice cold water. I grabbed hold of my bathroom sink and looked in the mirror while water dripped down my face. I'm not quite sure if it was actually water or sweat. I felt like I would die but that's just the hipochondriac in me. I took some pills and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep. I stared at the ceiling and watched as the lights seem to dance around. I heard the church bell toll 4. And then 5. Then 6. At 7 the alarm went off. I was still feeling like crap but I slowly got out of bed. I was standing for a few seconds and had to run back to bathroom and threw up again. I thought that I would feel better while I drove to work so I just stuck to my routine and drove to work.I felt worse. I talked with my supervisor and HR and explained how I was feeling. Theytold me that I should go home and that my health was more important. For the first time in my life I felt like a person. Actual human beings wanted me to get better and weren'thoping for my demise. It felt like I mattered. It meant a lot. I drove back home and went in to see the doctor. I went in to the centre where I usually go and just my luck! Doctors were on strike. The clerk seemed way to happy about it and told me I would have to go somewhere else. I lost it and called her a fucking asshole because I could see doctors walking in the background. I know I wear glasses but I'm not blind. She just wanted to make my life hell. I walked down the stairs and found a doctor and I was now hyperventilating or whatever. I was having a total meltdown. So he calmed me down and told him what had just happened. He got a nurse and she took me back up in an elevator and I got a doctor to look at me. The doctor was absolutely awesome. He prescribed everything I needed and set up a lung exam which will be scheduled soon. Hopefully. I need to get this into check. I can't be sick all the time.

And so now I'm in bed nursing myself back to health looking out the window watching the sun shine and wondering why do crappy things always happen to me on Friday the 13th.

Sem comentários: