quarta-feira, 24 de julho de 2013

Waiting For You



I hear other voices in the background
but they're all muffled by the sound
of my own little simple heart breaking...

I hear the sound of shattered dreams
and see how people destroy everything
they know nothing is what it seems

and wrap themselves in torn out secrets
tied with perfect bows of obscene lies
hanging by strange looking amulets

I am not looking for anyone but myself
the one thing that keeps me from falling
is knowing that now I am someone else

The people around me are grey ghosts
haunting and taunting me each day
with different and misleading oaths

but I am not ready, it's not my time
so I close my eyes and stand still
life changes with a flip of a dime

and I'll be there to catch it
I'll be there waiting for you
to put out the fire I once lit...



Sem comentários: