sábado, 17 de julho de 2010

The Magic of Ordinary Days



I was a brought up in a small town. When I was eighteen it was time for me to go away to college. I went to the city and I fell instatnly in love with it. The sounds, the smells, the lights, the people... everything seemed magical to me! I felt I finally was home. I never wanted to live and was resolved to stay there forever... Well... forever was just too long. I had to leave because I couldn't find a job. It was sad. And I thought I would never be happy again. And so a year ago I came back to my small town and took a job as a teacher (which was something I swore I'd never be). It was hard coming back here. All the people I grew up with are now strangers and all the places I loved to go to back in the city are nowhere to be found. The sounds and smells and lights I fell in love with were now replaced by... nothingness. I could not find joy in anything. But one day I woke up and went to school and realized that the bond I started to create with my students was growing stronger... everyday ever since I look forward to getting out of bed and going to work to teach and shape these young minds. These kids live in difficult times. I feel I should help guide them and help them not to make the same mistakes I've made. I'm still learning how to appreciate the sounds, smells and lights here... But one thing is sure, the stars and the moon seem brighter than ever here... and the smells started to seem sweeter than any smell I've ever experienced before. And the sounds seem closer to music. I stand alone but I stand tall and content. Happiness will slowly seep in...

Sem comentários: